At Wish A Smile, we respect the privacy of the users of our website. This Privacy Statement is intended to lay down the practices we follow for honouring the privacy preferences of the people visiting our website www.wishasmile.in. Irrespective of the mode in which we receive your personal information (whether via this website or over the phone or through any other means), we make all earnest attempts to honour your privacy. This document elaborates on our information collection and sharing practices and contains the requisite information about Wish A Smile’s responsibilities, your rights, information which is collected by us and how it is used.
BY ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU agree to abide by the practices described in this Privacy Statement which may be changed from time to time
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you to extend services like processing of your donations, providing receipts and/or tax exemption certificates, sending regular updates about the work we do, respond to your queries and apprising you of the new opportunities to help deprived and underprivileged people of India in a better way. Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, date of birth, PIN code, telephone numbers, mobile phone numbers, your organization’s name, email addresses, credit/debit card information, bank information or billing information.
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We seek your personal information when you make a donation, request a communication from us, register for an on-ground event, pledge support to our work and campaigns and apply for working or volunteering with Wish A Smile. This information may be sought over the phone, through the website, via email or by the means of face-to-face interaction.
Wish A Smile has in place the necessary security mechanisms and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL - Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a green padlock icon in the left hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an "https" instead of an "http". Donation pages are verified by VeriSign and transactions are processed using a VeriSign merchant account.
I agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorize the Society to share/disclose the information to any third party service provider or any affiliates, parties, their authorised agents or third party service providers.
Wish A Smile or their third party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third party platform.
WISH A SMILE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Wish A Smile will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments, wallet, UPI or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Wish A Smile is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any person using the Wish A Smile website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or other Corporate Restructure: We also may transfer your personal information to a third party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communication: We may have on board certain vendors who execute several donor (existing or potential)-related activities for us like send direct mails, emailers, greeting cards, making phone calls, and others. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of Wish A Smile.
Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Wish A Smile when you log onto our web site. These will be placed in your computer's hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
CHANGES TO PRIVACY PRACTICES
As and when the need arises, Wish A Smile may alter its privacy practices in accordance with the latest technology and trends. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes. You may reach out to us if you have any queries about any changes made to our practices.
Please send an email to: email@example.com, or
Send a letter to:
Wish A Smile
201, Community Centre 2
Near PVR, Naraina, Delhi-110028